Thursday, January 5, 2012

January. What?


So... I fell into a black hole over Christmas.
Oops. 
Here’s a little catch up of what happened the last 2 weeks of 2011 and into 2012:
  • We MOVED! We said goodbye to our first home together (many tears shed by me, even though I didn’t particularly love our side of town. I did love our apartment though. and you know, memories. Waaaah). We seriously love our new place though. We moved downtown and feel like we’re 5 minutes from everything. It’s grand.
  • We celebrated our first year of marriage! After moving all weekend long, this was particularly sweet. We saw a movie in the middle of the day (A Monday. Crazy cats, we are), got couples massages, dined at Reata (they catered our wedding!) and stayed at the Omni, my favorite Fort Worth Hotel. Totally lovely. We’ll take a trip sometime this year to commemorate the first year. 
  • I got almost 2 weeks off of work which was GLORIOUS. I can’t tell you how badly I needed the break. 
  • SOMEONE ELSE either cooked or bought us dinner every night for about 10 days straight. This was so magical. So magical that our refrigerator is still empty and I’ve lost the will to grocery shop. 
  • We had Thanksgiving Dinner with Maisey on Christmas Eve Eve since she couldn’t come home for the real deal this year. Yummy.
  • We spent Christmas Eve with Russ’s family and Christmas Day with my family. Family time is just the greatest. 
  • We learned a new game, the Game of Things - my new favorite!
  • Saw Les Miserables at the AT&T Performing Arts Center. Les Mis is probably my favorite musical of all time, and this tour did not disappoint! I cried and cried, per usual. My father in law also got a sweet hook up that allowed us to tour the backstage after the show which was legendary. 
  • Had a glorious Cox Family dinner at the Mercury. Yum. Wow.
  • We watched a LOT of How I Met Your Mother and Mad Men.
  • We both marveled at Ryan Gosling’s abs in Crazy Stupid Love. 
“Did you like that movie, babe?”
“Yeah it was funny. I liked it.” 
“Probably not as much as I like it though because it’s just so fun to look at Ryan Gosling. Sorry. You’re hot, too.”
“No, it’s fine. His abs are ridiculous.”
Love him.
  • I spent a day out with just my parents, and it was the best time. They are just hilarious, wonderful, generous people and I love them to pieces. A highlight of this shopping trip was discovering that my Dad used to think “All The Single Ladies” had no lyrics, it was just jibberish. Bless his heart. 
  • New Years Eve was low key and perfect. We used to dress up and have a fancy dinner out every New Years, but since December has become laden with celebrations and rich meals, we’ve changed our tune a little bit. This year we went out for our favorite  pizza and split the night with dear friends, Catch Phrase, and Wits and Wagers. The only thing missing was Dick Clark’s New Years Rockin’ Eve. It was missing from Dallas Broadcasting, and I’m pretty sure that the only people who care about Big D NYE are the people who are there. Correct me if I’m wrong.
  • We whipped our apartment into shape and had a few friends over for New Years Day games. 
  • The Bachelor started! I’m hoping that Ben F. finds “love” in one of these crazies, but who can be sure after that first episode? I’m also currently losing my fantasy league (you heard me), but there’s still time. Kacie B. all the way!
Now I’m back to work and trying to settle back into routine and combat the post-holiday puffiness that occurs when you eat  a lot of bagels, chicken and dumplings, short ribs, wedding cake, Garrett’s popcorn, and other delights. 
I’ve resolved to have monthly goals this year instead of New Year’s Resolutions so I’m less likely to fall off the wagon. More on those later. Hope your holidays were happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS