Friday, June 7, 2013

5 on Friday

Lots of bloggers I love do a little list of 5 things they're loving on Fridays. So... here we go!

1. Frog Camp

I had the honor and privilege of attending TCU's new student program, Frog Camp this week in Bruceville, TX. My little group of incoming freshmen was made up of truly fantastic people. Seriously - compared to them at 18, I look seriously lame. And the facilitators that led our group were equally amazing. It makes my heart swell when I think about the truly quality students that TCU continues to recruit. And makes me thank my lucky stars that I got in when I did.



2. Joss and Main

I subscribed to Joss and Main e-mails almost a year ago, but haven't shopped their site at all. I recently started clicking on those e-mails rather than just deleting them, and WOW. I am finding so many things for my house at amazing prices. Have you ordered from Joss and Main? Is it too good to be true, or is their stuff really that great?

3. Bar Carts

Maybe it's my obsession with Mad Men, but I've been on the hunt for a vintage, gold detailed, mid-century modern bar cart for about a year now. I was shopping in Canton with RP and his mom and sister last weekend when I saw it - the perfect bar cart! When I got a little closer, I saw that the shelves were made from particle board, not glass or mirror like I'd hoped, but the frame was gold and the wheels were in good shape. When I asked the sweet lady running the booth how much for said bar cart, she goes, "Oh honey, I've been calling that a TV Cart." I'm pretty sure that would make Don Draper look at her like this:



Anyway, I got us a TV Cart for just $15! We have big plans to get glass cut for the shelves. Huzzah!

4. Oceans (Where feet may fail) by Hillsong


This song is just really speaking to my soul right now. The study of 1 Peter with She Reads Truth plus this song about Peter being called out on the water by Jesus is really drawing me to think about the man that Peter was and how much of myself I see in him. Anyway, it's doing a number on my heart and I love it.

5. These.


RP and I have picked up a little habit of having one of these every night before bed. I bought these under the guise of having something to offer people who drop by to see our new house. I need help.

Have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS