Friday, June 7, 2013

uh, hey?

Wrote this post AGES ago, and am just getting around to posting it.. Bear with me - this update is all over the place and all took place way back in May! 

closing time:
We (finally) closed on our house on May 14. It felt awesome/terrifying to walk out of our realtor's office knowing that we were HOME OWNERS! We went for a celebratory dinner at Chuy's, because nothing says "Happy Home-owning!" like creamy jalepeno dip, am I right?




moving on...:
After the bliss of closing wore off, we finished packing. It was a beast. I have told RP several times since we moved that I NEVER want to move again, but just add on to our house as we need more space. Seriously. Hiring movers is one of the best decisions I've made in recent history.

unpacking/decorating/organization crisis:
This is the current state of things. I have looked forward to living in a house that I can paint and decorate however I please for years. Maybe this long wait is what has made me psycho about making everything perfect. As in, NOT unpacking a box until their is a FINAL DESTINATION for every item in said box. I need help (psychiatric, that is. don't come in my house. don't unpack anything. i will cut you. it's not you, it's me. issues). And girl lessons on decorating. Y'all hug RP when you see him because he is currently living with a crazy person. I like to think I'm on the other side of the worst of this, but who can say?

my life is on back-order:
LITERALLY (Chris Traeger style) everything we order for our house is on back-order/out of stock. This is really helping the situation outlined in the paragraph above. On opposite day.

real problems:
I have none. These are not real problems, they are just the current state of things. Just had to throw that out there. I am beyond blessed to have a (beautiful) roof over my head and a place to call home.

jai ho:
We attended a Hindu Wedding for one of Russ' co-workers over Memorial Day weekend. We made a little stay-cation out of it and stayed the night at the Omni Mandalay in Las Colinas (where the wedding was held). Um, most fun wedding ever. Let's just say that the wedding started at 9 am with a bedazzled horse, and ended (for us, anyway) at 12:30 am in the dance party of my dreams. The Indians know how to party, y'all. The ceremony was beautiful and so interesting to watch, the food was spicy and delicious, and the dancing. My word. My feet still haven't recovered. AND - the bride: so. beautiful. She wore three gorgeous outfits and looked like a princess. I felt so honored to be included in that special day.





We woke up on Memorial Day and decided to honor those that have served our country by traveling to the land of Swedish furniture: Ikea. This may or may not have been when the issues I mentioned earlier began. RP talked me off a ledge somewhere between the kitchen and bathroom demos, and we left with two side tables. Bless the man. 

I'll post house photos once things are a little more put together - read: when I'm not frantically searching through a box to find my colander while spaghetti is boiling on the stove. 

Hope you're having a lovely [less hectic] summer! 











No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS